[NTG-context] Labelling figures

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 6 09:51:51 CEST 2008

what is the best method to add labels to a figure; I want them not only on
the figure but their position should be relative to the figure size.

I tried start/stopfigure (mentioned as outdated in the source) but the label
is not shown.

After this I tried collector and got with a little extra and a box and to dimens
what I wanted but it's not very elegant.

\newbox\labelbox \setbox\labelbox\hbox{\externalfigure[cow]}

\newdimen\labelwidth  \labelwidth \wd\labelbox
\newdimen\labelheight \labelheight\ht\labelbox

  {A labelled cow}

Figurelabel as described in the label manual [1] seem to be the perfect
solution but the module was finished :-(

Is there not better way to achieve what I want and do I have to live with
my second method or could I hope for the future.

[1] http://pragma-ade.nl/general/manuals/mlabels.pdf