[NTG-context] context minimal install problem? luatex bug?

Burak Emir burak.emir at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 14:59:50 CEST 2008

(response is inlined)

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:

> Burak Emir wrote:
>

>> $ ls
>>
>> /Users/buraq/luatex-cache/context/f70b0d481875d119766efabfbdb61af7/trees/01ff2a12d1aaf66ed1ecab879ab73b31
>> ls:
>>
>> /Users/buraq/luatex-cache/context/f70b0d481875d119766efabfbdb61af7/trees/01ff2a12d1aaf66ed1ecab879ab73b31:
>> No such file or directory
>>

> No, there are two files, both with extensions. The human readable one
> is actually called "01ff2a12d1aaf66ed1ecab879ab73b31.tma", so that's
> not it.
>
> It appears 'mtxrun' is unwilling to run the 'context' script (it found it
> alright, it is
>
> /usr/local/context/tex/texmf-context/scripts/context/lua/mtx-context.lua
>
> so the discovery of the script itself is now ok.

ok this is confusing, when i type context by hand, it does not work anymore
(?!)

> Perhaps the formats are still missing (I am guessing sometimes because I
> do not have a clear overview of what first-setup.sh does/doesnt do).
> Can you try if
>
>  $ context --make --compile cont-en

Burak-Emirs-MacBook-Pro:/tmp/testlua.a buraq$ context --make --compile
cont-en
MtxRun | unknown script: context

> runs?
>
> Otherwise, maybe it can't find the "luatex" executable (which would be
> really odd, but who knows ...). Does
>
>  $ luatex --version
>
> work?

Burak-Emirs-MacBook-Pro:/tmp/testlua.a buraq$ luatex --version
This is LuaTeX, Version snapshot-0.25.3-2008052223

LuaTeX merges and builds upon (parts of) the code from these projects:

tex       by Donald Knuth
etex      by Peter Breitenlohner, Phil Taylor and friends
omega     by John Plaice and Yannis Haralambous
aleph     by Giuseppe Bilotta
pdftex    by Han The Thanh and friends
kpathsea  by Karl Berry, Olaf Weber and others
lua       by Roberto Ierusalimschy, Waldemar Celes,
             Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
metapost  by John Hobby, Taco Hoekwater and friends.
xpdf      by Derek Noonberg (partial)
fontforge by George Williams (partial)

Some extensions to lua and additional lua libraries are used, as well as
libraries for graphic inclusion. More details can be found in the source.
Code development was sponsored by a grant from Colorado State University
via the 'oriental tex' project, the TeX User Groups, and donations.

The LuaTeX team is Hans Hagen, Hartmut Henkel, Taco Hoekwater.

There is NO warranty. Redistribution of this software is covered by
the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2. For more
information about these matters, see the file named COPYING and
the LuaTeX source.

Copyright 2008 Taco Hoekwater, the LuaTeX Team.

This is build 0, created on 20080410T143312Z
Compiled with libpng 1.2.15; using libpng 1.2.15
Compiled with zlib 1.2.3; using zlib 1.2.3
Compiled with xpdf version 3.01

> Finally, I find it odd that it only "sees" the texmf-context subtree,
> but that could be a feature of the new minimals. can you see what
>
>  $ luatools context.tex
>
> gives back?

Burak-Emirs-MacBook-Pro:/tmp/testlua.a buraq$ luatools context.tex

(nothing -- one blank line)

Burak

--
Burak Emir