[NTG-context] Problem with '\ ' in math commands in current minimals

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Tue Jun 10 05:51:20 CEST 2008

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008, Morgan Brassel wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> In the following example:
>
> \define[1]\com{com\ #1}
> \starttext
> \com{1} $\com{1}$
> \stoptext
>
> the second call to \com (the one in math mode) seems to stop the
> compilation of the file. Is it a bug? It wasn't happening before. I'm
> using the latest minimals.

Definitely a bug: the trace shows a recursive definition. \ is defined in
terms of itself. Looking at core-spa.tex I cannot understand why this is
happening.

This is the output of \loggingall

\com #1->com\ #1
#1<-1
{the letter c}
{the letter o}
{the letter m}

\ ->\mathortext \normalspaceprimitive {\dontleavehmode \space }

\mathortext ->\ifmmode \expandafter \firstoftwoarguments \else
\expandafter \se
condoftwoarguments \fi
{\ifmmode: (level 1) entered on line 6}
{true}
{\expandafter}
{\else: \ifmmode (level 1) entered on line 6}
{\fi: \ifmmode (level 1) entered on line 6}

\firstoftwoarguments #1#2->#1
#1<-\normalspaceprimitive
#2<-\dontleavehmode \space

\normalspaceprimitive ->\

\ ->\mathortext \normalspaceprimitive {\dontleavehmode \space }

Aditya