[NTG-context] distro info

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 20:01:36 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 7:08 PM, Andrea Valle wrote:

> Note also that from the previous posts I still have not exactly understood
> what I have to do to install Luatex (the famous minimals),

cd /path/to/some/folder
rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh .
./first-setup.sh

And then you need to put (note the dot!)

.  /path/to/some/folder/tex/setuptex  /path/to/some/folder/tex

to .bash_profile and start a new shell. That's all. This will shield
your MacTeX installation, so if you want to use your MacTeX again, you
need to commen out that line and start a new shell. I had some
problems with editors in past, but Oliver did a great job with pushing
Hans and Taco to modify some stuff. You would still need something to
adjust your editor to work properly.

Alternatively, you may use

cd /path/to/some/folder
. setuptex

every time when you want to use the minimals in a new shell.

> and it seems that
> many people are confused like me on using system fonts.

System fonts on Mac should work by default since a few days ago.

Mojca