[NTG-context] Geeze, I might try Linux after all... (not too off-tpic I hope)

Alan Stone software.list.1es9s at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 09:44:53 CEST 2008

Thanks for your extensive comments Aditya. It's (finally) *much* clearer
now.

> Now you have two options: Either isolate minimal context from the one
> provided by the distribution, or make them co-exist. Isolating them is
> easy, the minimals even come with a script "setuptex" which does that. So,
> you just source setuptex before running context. If you want minimals and
> distribution tex to coexits, things are a bit tricky. You need to
> understand how the tex distribution works, which is an intangled (for the
> want of a better word) mess.

I'll take the isolation option then.

A question about the minimals...

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals
mentions<http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals%20mentions>
"The
Minimals are an attempt to provide the same functionality as the
current Pragma's
minimal ConTeXt distributions <http://www.pragma-ade.com/download-1.htm> in
the zip files."

What's the difference (in provided functionalities) between the
contextgarden minimals and the pragma ones ?

Alan