[NTG-context] Setting up minimals (saw: Re: distro info)

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Thu Jun 26 21:33:29 CEST 2008

Quoting Andrea Valle <valle at di.unito.it>:

>> and do
>>
>> . /context/tex/setuptex /Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex
>>

> andrea:~ andreavalle$ . /context/tex/setuptex /Applications/
> ConTeXtMinimals/tex
> -bash: /context/tex/setuptex: No such file or directory
>
> Doesn't work here

You have to do:

$ . path-to-setuptex/setuptex
path-to-the-dir-containing-texmf-texmf-context-etc.

If the command works, type

$ echo $TEXMFMAIN

$ which texmfstart
$ which texexec
$ which context

To see whether the path is correctly set. If which context returns
nothing, search for file "context" (I don't know how to search for
files on a Mac, but I am sure there is an easy way to do it) to see if
it is present in the correct location.

Aditya