[NTG-context] pdf bizareness...

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Jun 28 13:29:43 CEST 2008

Alan Stone wrote:
> Yep Hans, that one. Ok I won't bother about it any longer.
>
> Any clues regarding the other issues, i.e.
>
> (1) the scrambled PDF headers ?
>
> (2) the inability to lower the \pdfminorversion setting ?
>
> using
>
> - ConTeXt  ver: 2008.06.22 17:38 MKII  fmt: 2008.6.23 ( ctx minimal)
> - XeTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.2-0.999.1 (Web2C 7.5.6)

in pdf traditionally there was only pdf doc encoding; this is supported
by default

when unicode encoding was added to the spec, i started supporting it too
  and given that one enables it, traditional tex should work out ok (for
instance chinese bookmark were possible)

i've now enabled it for luatex (context mkiv) and when that works ou ok
i'll see if i can support it for xet ex too (the problem is that i need
to rework some code in the spec drivers and that was not on my current
agenda)

(it means that i need to replace defaults for pdftex/xetex/luatex and
since luatex is experimental anyway, let's start there)