[NTG-context] AUCTeX and ConTeXt

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Sun Jun 29 12:34:36 CEST 2008

On Jun 28, 2008, at 8:08 PM, Charles P. Schaum wrote:

> yields the message buffer:
>
> Updating define menu...
> Updating setup menu...
> Updating other macro's menu...
> Updating project structure menu...
> Updating section block menu...
> Updating section menu...
> Updating...done
> Type `C-c C-l' to display results of compilation.
> ConTeXt: problems after {1} page.
>
> The pdf generated is, however, entirely satisfactory, as are all
> texted
> documents.
>
> My strategy is to ignore it. This appears specific to AUCTeX, in this
> case running on GTK Emacs 22 / Ubuntu 8.04. By contrast, I have
> minimal
> to no problems on my OS X installation.
>
> Charles

I think this is a problem in context.el. David Kastrup helped me with
this problem at last year's ConTeXt meeting. Open the file auctex/
context.el in your favorite text editor. Now search for this line:

	((re-search-forward "^ TeX\\(Exec\\|Util\\)" nil t) ;; strange regexp
--pg

Insert a question mark right before TeX, so the line reads

	((re-search-forward "^ ?TeX\\(Exec\\|Util\\)" nil t) ;; strange
regexp --pg

That should fix your problem. pg, a.k.a. Patrick Gundelach, are you
reading this? :-)

Thomas