[NTG-context] Total number of figures/tables, etc.

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sun Jun 29 17:45:54 CEST 2008

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008, Oleg Kolosov wrote:

> Hi!
> Is there are an easy way to get total number of pages/tables/figures
> etc.? \getnumber[table] of \getnumber[figure] returns 0,
> \getnumber[page] gives some irrelevant number. I've found command
> \totalnumberofpages, is there are something similar for others? It would
> be great to also automatically change the following word as in:
> 1 figure, but 2 figures
> Is there support for that in ConTeXt?

No, but it is easy to define this on your own. To Hans: Is
reading utilities not implemented in mkiv? The following works fine with
mkii but not with mkiv.

\def\noffigures {1}

\appendtoks \savenoffigures \to \everystoptext

   {\noffigures\ %

This text has \shownoffigures.

\dorecurse{10}{\placefigure{something}{} \input knuth \endgraf }