[NTG-context] Generating a list of items

David davidandrewrogers at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 01:37:25 CEST 2008

Hi all

I'm teaching some classes and want to make a template for lesson
planning. One of the things that I'd like to be able to include, if it
works easily, is an automatically-created list of the materials I need
to remember to bring. I expect this means I would define something like
\Materials , and then while typing the main text of my plan be able to
type \Materials{Photographs} or \Materials{Sound Recording} and then
have ConTeXt generate

"Materials: 1. Photographs  2. Sound Recording"

near the top of the page.

I've tried \placeregister, but it seems to insist on printing page
numbers and alphabetical headings. I just want a numbered list of
items. Can I tweak the \register commands to do this, or perhaps is
there something else I should try?

Thanks
David