[NTG-context] XeTeX and precise font sizes

Neiaglov Dmitry dima at getalime.ru
Thu Jul 10 08:50:46 CEST 2008

>> you mis-googled :-)
> http://www.google.com/cse?q=gentium&cx=016640200293943433883:w-6slqs1kjg&cof=FORID:0&sa=Special+Search

I really couldn't think that problem was font-dependent :)

> following code should be work.
>
> \starttypescript[serif][gentium-basic]
> \definefontsynonym[Serif]          [GentiumBasic]
> \definefontsynonym[SerifItalic]    [GentiumBasicItalic]
> \definefontsynonym[SerifBold]      [GentiumBasicBold]
> \definefontsynonym[SerifBoldItalic][GentiumBasicBoldItalic]
> \stoptypescript

> \stoptext

Yes, thanks, works fine, but does it really use XeTeX? The wiki says:
"XeTeX offers some nice features in terms of automatically finding
related fonts in a family" which would be really convenient to use. I
really can't find docs on the difference between XeTeX and non-XeTeX
font handling in ConTeXt.