[NTG-context] last beta and mkiv

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sun Jul 20 10:40:10 CEST 2008

Hi Oliver,

Your attachments were too big for the mailing list, but I read them
myself. Here is some answers.

Oliver Buerschaper wrote:
>> are you referring to this one?
>>
>> context version: 2008.07.10 09:58
>>
>> It works without problems on my Mac.
>
> This version also works on my Mac to the extent that I can make the
> format and compile simple files. Sadly, these parts appear to be broken:
>
> - MetaPost graphics

This is weird (and worrying, Hans vd Meer had problems on the mac too).
The relevant bit of the log is this:

mplib          : making format: metafun.mp, name:
/usr/local/context/2008-07-10-beta/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/b29711f44b226eed93986eab2faeaa2c/formats/cont-en-metafun.mem
mplib          : problems with format: metafun.mp, name:
/usr/local/context/2008-07-10-beta/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/b29711f44b226eed93986eab2faeaa2c/formats/cont-en-metafun.mem

Now, the problem is that mkiv suppresses all of the mpost logging so
we can only guess at what goes wrong. Next week at TUG we will sit down
and try to come up with a way to improve the logging.

> - mtxrun --script fonts --list

You reported:
   ...-10-beta/texmf-context/tex/context/base/font-syn.lua:247: attempt
      to index field 'data' (a nil value)

Did you run --reload first? It looks from the code like you can get
that error message if (and only if) there is no font name database yet.

> - ligatures

I just downloaded and checked: there are no ligatures in Delicious, so
this is not mkiv's fault.

Best wishes,
Taco