[NTG-context] How to read sources? (was:) Footnotes

Andrea Valle valle at di.unito.it
Mon Jul 21 14:13:16 CEST 2008

> => Could one comunicate "how to scan them for infomation" or must
> that stay a secret?
>
>> they are easy to understand.
> [I repeat: "easy to understand"!]

I totally agree with you, it's really useless to invite to read the
sources without providing a tutorial on source reading for non expert
TeX users.

> Ulrich Dirr, who had posed the question about his kind of footnotes
> asked back 21.07.2008 at 09:09:
>> O.k. I could look in the source too, but where did you read
>> 'location=normal'? Also I don't know what other option are
>> allowed, e.g., in
>> \numbercommand or \split. Only the default values are here as I
>> understand.
>
> I support this question (only that I don't know how to look in the
> sorce yet...)

Me too

Best

-a-

Andrea Valle
CIRMA - DAMS
Università degli Studi di Torino
--> http://www.cirma.unito.it/andrea/
--> http://www.myspace.com/andreavalle
--> andrea.valle at unito.it

"
Think of it as seasoning
. noise [salt] is boring
. F(blah) [food without salt] can be boring
. F(noise, blah) can be really tasty
"
(Ken Perlin on noise)