[NTG-context] greek again

Armando Martins cidadaum at sapo.pt
Fri Jul 25 12:29:12 CEST 2008

Em Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:09:48 +0100, Thomas A. Schmitz
<thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de> escreveu:

> On Jul 23, 2008, at 11:21 PM, cidadaum at sapo.pt wrote:
>>>

>> OpenSuse 10.3
>>

> If memory serves right, SuSE has a few problems with its TeX setup:
> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20080320.203129.aec3fb49.en.html
>
> But this is not the problem now.
>
>>> How do you set up TeXLive from the
>>> CD?
>> Having launched the apropriate file to my architecture (i-386-linux) I
>> chose the option R (run from CDwithout installing).
>> But now I put back again the texlive from Suse (pity because my disk
>> is falling short of space).
>
> That's your problem: you now have several conflicting TeX installations.

Humm.. that twists my brains. I commented the variable pointing to the
binaries of TeXLive CD in ~/.profile
Anyway...

> 3. TeXLive 2008 will be out in a few days. If space is an issue on
> your system, you may not want to install it since it's pretty big, but
> it's what I use, and it's pretty straightforward. You have almost
> everything you'll ever need (ConTeXt, LaTeX, fonts, packages such as
> tikz, etc.), and the 2008 edition will include an update manager. The
> decisive step is again to put the path pointing to the TeXLive
> binaries first in your $PATH variable.
>
> You're just two steps away from success, so don't give up!
>
> Thomas

They seem two steps of giant for me (so far I have processed only one file
with context, a pretty large one, 60 pp., but limiting myself to
elementary features).
I think I will move away to Ubuntu or some other distro. At the moment I
am unhappy with Suse (for other reasons than Tex).
For now I will give you a break (going on holiday).
Any advice about Tex friendly distros?

Thanks
Armand

A utilizar o cliente de correio revolucionário da Opera:
http://www.opera.com/mail/