[NTG-context] greek

Jörg Hagmann joerg.hagmann at unibas.ch
Tue Aug 12 09:46:45 CEST 2008

A postscript to greek issues:

As I wrote, everything works fine now---with Mark II, which is what I
still use.

When I try "context mygreekfile.tex", without any font specification,
the following characters are missing:
lower case: c (end of word sigma), m (mu), and s (sigma)
upper case: same

If I specify font=Ibycus, it works fine
If I specify font=Teubner, I get no greek, just roman characters (but
the same tex file works when compiled with "texexec")
If I specify font=GreekGentium, I get no output (Invalid glyph index
(git 1714) ==> Fatal error etc. Again, this works with "texexec".

I'm using recent minimals (Contextgarden) on Mac OS X Leopard and ubuntu.

If it's got something to do with my not knowing how to deal with fonts
in Mark IV (which is the case), just ignore this message. But if the
reasons are deeper, it might be of interest to you.

Cheers, Jörg