[NTG-context] Strange font issue with LuaTeX on Linux

Mohamed Bana abbg770 at city.ac.uk
Wed Sep 3 01:46:47 CEST 2008

Hans Hagen <pragma <at> wxs.nl> writes:

> abbg770 <at> city.ac.uk wrote:
>
> >Font \*adobe12ptrmtfrm*:=name:Envy Code R*default at 12pt not loadable:
>
> just ...
>
> name:envycoder
>
> just use chars and digits

Sorry I didn't quiet understand that.  Given this;

$ mtxrun --script fonts --list --pattern=warnock
warnockpro-bold WarnockPro-Bold WarnockPro-Bold.otf

which of the following are correct;

1. \definefontsynonym [WarnockPro-Regular] [name:warnockpro-bold]
2. \definefontsynonym [WarnockPro-Regular] [name:WarnockPro-Bold]
3. \definefontsynonym [WarnockPro-Regular] [file:WarnockPro-Bold.otf]
4. \definefontsynonym [WarnockPro-Regular] [file:WarnockPro-Bold]

> also, do you use the latest mtxrun, mtx-fonts and context? the first
> entry in the list should show the stripped name

I'm using cont-tmf.zip uploaded on 2008-08-05 18:50
(http://www.pragma-ade.nl/download-1.htm) extracted to ~/texmf.  I need this
because I use TeXLive 2007.

> internally we strip names anyway but spaces are always kind of special
> in tex;
>
> Hans

Hans, why does it compile fine when I copy the fonts over to the working
directory?  There must be something wrong with the OSFONTDIR variable.  BTW, I
think you should switch over to linux and make life easier for us :)