[NTG-context] Strange behaviour with tikz

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 10:05:47 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 7:44 PM, Eric DÉTREZ wrote:
> Hello again
>
> I don't understand a strange thing.
>
> Patterns in tikz become black in some case.
>
> Here is a minimal example :
> ***************************************
> \usemodule[tikz]
> \usetikzlibrary[patterns]
> \starttext
>
> blabla
>
> \chapter {blabla}
>
> \starttikzpicture
> \draw [pattern=north west lines](0,0) rectangle +(1,2);
> \stoptikzpicture
>
> \stoptext
> *************************************
>
> Without any text before the chapter or without the chapter command I
> see the patterns.
> With these commands I just see a black rectangle.
>
> Can I get my patterns back ?

What version of ConTeXt and TikZ are you using?

I first tried your example with TeX Live 2008, and it looked like a
ConTeXt-related problem in TikZ. The patterns only worked on the first
page.

But then I checked with the latest version of both ConTeXt and TikZ
(http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/modules/t-tikz/ - you can
fetch it with rsync)

rsync -av rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/modules/t-tikz/
place-on-your-computer

And it worked fine.

Mojca