[NTG-context] XeTeX old style numerals

Mohamed Bana mbana.lists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 20:07:59 CEST 2008

Hi guys,

Why doesn't this definition use the old style numerals that come with the font?
 It seems to use the latin modern font when I try to use \os.  Small caps are
working fine.

I'd like all the numbers in the document to be typeset in old style numerals
unless I tell it otherwise, btw how do I achieve the latter?  As in break out of
onum and typeset in the normal numbers?

I'm using TeXlive 2008 on vista, the pdf reports that I'm using XeTeX version;
2008.05.21 15:21.

\definetypeface[myface][rm][Xserif][Minion Pro]
% i've also tried
%\definetypeface[myface][rm][Xserif][Warnock Pro]
\definetypeface[myface][ss][Xsans][Myriad Pro]
\definetypeface[myface][tt][Xmono][Consolas]
\setupbodyfont[myface, 11pt]

Pdf; http://filebin.ca/rpctwz/testbackup.pdf or http://filebin.ca/rpctwz

Thanks :)
Mohamed

% file
% engine=xetex
\definetypeface[myface][rm][Xserif][Minion Pro]
% i've also tried
%\definetypeface[myface][rm][Xserif][Warnock Pro]
\definetypeface[myface][ss][Xsans][Myriad Pro]
\definetypeface[myface][tt][Xmono][Consolas]
\setupbodyfont[myface, 11pt]

\starttext
\title {Introduction}

\startlines
123456789
{\os 123456789}
\stoplines

{\sc On the \CONTEXT\ mailing list, occasionally a user asks if
we can post a complete document with the associated style.
One reason for not honouring this request is that we want
users to cook up their own styles. Besides that, there are a
couple of styles in the regular \CONTEXT\ distribution.}

{\it When browsing through this document, a \CONTEXT\ user may
wonder what style was used to achieve its look and feel. We
hope that while reading the text and playing with the
examples, the reader will accomplish the skills to define
more than just simple layouts.}

{\sl When browsing through this document, a \CONTEXT\ user may
wonder what style was used to achieve its look and feel. We
hope that while reading the text and playing with the
examples, the reader will accomplish the skills to define
more than just simple layouts.}

{\it\sc This document is not easy reading. Occasionally we spend
some time explaining features not described in the manuals.
The design of this document is to a large extent determined
by its purpose, and as a result not always functional. Also
the order of presenting features, tips and tricks is kind of
random and unstructured. The idea is that the visual effects
will draw you to the right trick. Also, if you realy want to
benefit from these features, there is no way but to read the
whole story.}

{\bf In spite of all its shortcomings, I hope that you enjoy
reading this (yet unfinished) manual. Keep in mind that this
manual is far from finished.}

{\bi In spite of all its shortcomings, I hope that you enjoy
reading this (yet unfinished) manual. Keep in mind that this
manual is far from finished.}

{\ss\sc In spite of all its shortcomings, I hope that you enjoy
reading this (yet unfinished) manual. Keep in mind that this
manual is far from finished.}

\stoptext