[NTG-context] mplib errors

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Oct 1 16:08:39 CEST 2008

Hi Olivier and Hans,

Olivier wrote:

> Thanks a lot for these. With these hints I am now able to compile
> metapost figs from conTeXt through "texexec --luatex" normaly.
> To this end, I had to perform two tweaks:
>
> * the files mlib-run.lua, mlib-ctx.lua, and mlib-pdf.lua were *NEVER*
>   loaded so I added to my conTeXt source file:
>   \directlua0 { dofile
>   ("/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/mlib-ctx.lua") }
>   \directlua0 { dofile
>   ("/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/mlib-run.lua") }
>   \directlua0 { dofile
>   ("/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/mlib-pdf.lua") }

Wouldn't that mean that

   $ luatools mlib-pdf.lua

also fails to find the files? luatools --generate should be able to
fix that.

> * the format was generated correctly but loaded incorrectly:
>   I had to add the following line:
>                ini_version = false,
>   in the metapost.load function in the mlib-run.lua file.
>
> Now everything is OK.  The second thing (an misfortunate typo) is easy
> to fix.

This should be fixable by simply updating your context, because that
is already fixed in newer contexts. But this could well be the cause
of Hans' problems.

Best wishes,
Taco