[NTG-context] t-vim problem

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Tue Oct 7 19:36:16 CEST 2008

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008, Zhaopeng Xing wrote:

> Hi Aditya,
>
> I am using t-vim 2008.09.15, but the following sample runs problem with the
> hightlighting file name.
>
> \usemodule[vim]
>
> \starttext
>
> \definevimtyping [RUBY] [syntax=ruby]
>
> \startRUBY
>
> #! /usr/bin/ruby
>
> # This is my first ruby program
>
> puts "Hello World"
>
> \stopRUBY
>
> \stoptext
>

> The message is saying:
>

> ! I can't find file `untitled-1-vimsyntax.tmp-vimsyntax.tmp'.
>
> <to be read again>
>
> \relax
>
> \dodotypevimfile ...\input #2-vimsyntax.tmp\relax
>
> \egroup \@@vsafter
>
> l.8 \stopRUBY
>
> Please type another input file name:

I thought that I had corrected this. Are you using a recent mtxrun? Type
in mtxrun --help. Does the third line say

MtxRun | --execute             run a script or program (--noquotes)

> I checked the directory. The file should be named to
> untitled-1-vimsyntax.tmp instead of untitled-1-vimsyntax.tmp-vimsyntax.tmp.

The filenaming is correct. t-vim writes a file called
\jobname-\number-vimsyntax.tmp and then 2context.vim writes a file with
<filename>-vimsyntax.tmp, so in effect t-vim is looking for a file called

\jobname-\number-vimsyntax.tmp-vimsyntax.tmp.

This slightly confusing naming scheme is so that --purge does remove all
the temporary files.

> Can you show me how to figure out such a problem? Thanks.

Which OS are you using?

Aditya