[NTG-context] How to influence hyphenation points in URLs?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 11:23:28 CEST 2008

I have many really bad breaking points in URLs (both produced with bib
module and with
or \hyphenatedurl, doesn't matter). Is there any way to influence
breaking points in those URLs manually? For normal words there exists
\hyphenate{...}, but how to handle urls?

(I have the interction turned off if that matters.)

I faintly remember some discussion about preparing hyphenation
patterns for URLs (like: never try to break http:// or after ~, try to
put slash at the end of first part). Would that solve the issue? I
sometimes try to replace space and _ in wikipedia URLs and results are
totally random, but in general all of them breaking really bad -
leaving several letters too much in each line.

Thanks a lot,