[NTG-context] How to influence hyphenation points in URLs?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 11:23:28 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have many really bad breaking points in URLs (both produced with bib
module and with
\useURL[bla][http://www.very-very-very-very-very-long-bla.com]\from[bla],
or \hyphenatedurl, doesn't matter). Is there any way to influence
breaking points in those URLs manually? For normal words there exists
\hyphenate{...}, but how to handle urls?

(I have the interction turned off if that matters.)

I faintly remember some discussion about preparing hyphenation
patterns for URLs (like: never try to break http:// or after ~, try to
put slash at the end of first part). Would that solve the issue? I
sometimes try to replace space and _ in wikipedia URLs and results are
totally random, but in general all of them breaking really bad -
leaving several letters too much in each line.

Thanks a lot,
    Mojca