[NTG-context] PhD Thesis in ConTeXt

John Devereux jdREMOVE at THISdevereux.me.uk
Thu Oct 23 16:54:18 CEST 2008

Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
>>
>>> My question to the mailing list: is this task structured? Is this being
>>> managed by anyone?
>>
>> Unfortunately, not.
>
> Aditya's reply sums it up pretty well. I just want to add a quick note.
>
> After at least half a dozen reiterations of this discussion (and it
> is indeed always exactly the same discussion), I have now reached the
> point where I no longer feel the slightest need to take any action any
> more. From where I stand, it seems that the unhappy people just want
> to complain about, but are not willing to help improve the existing
> documentation, and that the happy people just want to post pointers
> but fail to see a real need to improve anything.
>
> I myself would be much more willing to spend time on (managing|writing)
> the manual if there were any people showing an active interest in it.

I myself am very interested in *reading* it - I was delighted to see
the new fonts chapter and the new documention project in general. But
I am not sure I can contribute much. I am much more of a "consumer"
than a "producer", of accurate information. Partly due to lack of time,
but also lack of knowledge :)

--

John Devereux