[NTG-context] Documentation (Re: PhD Thesis in ConTeXt)

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Oct 23 17:38:44 CEST 2008

Hi,

John Devereux wrote:

> I myself am very interested in *reading* it - I was delighted to see
> the new fonts chapter and the new documention project in general. But
> I am not sure I can contribute much. I am much more of a "consumer"
> than a "producer", of accurate information. Partly due to lack of time,
> but also lack of knowledge :)

There actually is something you (and everybody else) can do: provide
feedback on the current version of the manual(s). For example, it
would be nice to know whether there are errors or unclarities in it
(or omissions, but that actually does require knowledge).

For an easy start, the two pdfs of the "typography" and "fonts"
chapters are on-line:

http://context.aanhet.net/svn/contextman/context-reference/en/co-typography.pdf
http://context.aanhet.net/svn/contextman/context-reference/en/co-fonts.pdf

The other chapters are a bit harder to comment on because (currently)
you have to be able to compile the manual yourself to read the pdfs.
Anyway, in and below the same folder are all needed sources:

   http://context.aanhet.net/svn/contextman/context-reference/en

(Maybe someone could put the current full pdf online somewhere?)

There also is a mailing list specifically about the new manual: