[NTG-context] \startvariables failed after the current update

Zhichu Chen zhichu.chen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 08:35:00 CET 2008

Hi there,

I haven't updated my ConTeXt distribution for a very long time (for
the internet connection problem here) and somehow my network
worked, so I use ctxtools --update to make an update. During the
updating, I got some error message like "I can't find mult-def.tex"
and some other files more. Weird, because I do have those files
and kpsewhich can locate them. I just input the needed files WITH
the path and seemed OK. To make sure, I made another ctxtools --update
and this time no error messages.

Anyway, I compiled a used-to-be-working file and failed because
some "Undefined control sequence" and I found the "undefined"
macros are the \c!xxx and \v!yyy macros which I defined them
in
\startvariables all
           yyy: yyy
\stopvariables

\startconstants all
           xxx: xxx
\stopconstants

any explanations?

--
Best Regards
Chen

          Zhi-chu Chen | Shanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility
         No. 2019 | Jialuo Rd. | Jiading | Shanghai | P.R. China
             tel: 086 21 5955 3405 | zhichu.chen.googlepages.com