[NTG-context] problem scaling big png images

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 14:04:40 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have problems with scaling of big png images. Scaling works ok with
>> XeTeX, but fails with both pdfTeX and LuaTeX, so it might be a problem
>> in the engine, not necessary in ConTeXt. The image comes out with
>> several cm white border when it should occupy the whole page.
>>
>> Here are the testing files (temporary location):
>>      http://www.mars2008.si/context/
>>
>> \defineoverlay [MyGraphic] [{\externalfigure[graphic][heigh=\paperheight]}]
>                                                              ^
> Missing a 't' here. When I add that, I get a 297mm high by
> about 190mm wide image. That seems about right to me ?

I need to get retired from using TeX. Sorry :(

The fact that confused me most is that XeTeX seemed to do it right,
and the previous version of image appeared to be OK as well. But there
the image was oversized anyway. Sorry again.

(TeX bugs strike so often that I tend to forget to double-check my own
mistakes when weird things start happening.)

Mojca