[NTG-context] Kerning

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Nov 14 16:00:31 CET 2008

Bart C. Wise wrote:

> I tried the above code and it failed.  I looked around on the ConTeXt site and
> the web in general.  It seems like a \defineproperty[stretch] needs to be
> declared, but I can't find it anywhere.  You'll have to excuse my ignorance,
> but will you be explicit on how to use the \startproperty[stretch] stretch
> \stopproperty.

hm, something is missing in the mkii file

\unprotect \definepropertyhandler \v!stretch{0} \protect

(you can also tune the 'normal effect')

consider all this a hack, since tex does not know about the right
dimensions

in mkiv there's

\start \dosetstretch{.25em} \setuptolerance[tolerant,stretch] \input
tufte \endgraf \stop
\start \dosetstretch{.5em} effe flink doorfietsen \stop

(not yet interfaced but it should work)