[NTG-context] context minimals on OpenSolaris 2008.11

"Michael Krauß" michael.krauss at gmx.de
Mon Nov 24 14:52:47 CET 2008

Hello list members and ConTeXt gods,

this question is more technical than TeXnical but none the less ConTeXt releated. Today I am investigating if I can replace linux with OpenSolaris, so I am testing every, even exotic, software that I use on my linux box on OpenSolaris.

Looking into first-setup.sh there seem to be support for Solaris on Intel hardware called "sunos-intel". But if I try to install ConTeXt it doesn't work:

mickraus at gandalf:~/context$ ./first-setup.sh
/usr/bin/rsync
/usr/bin/ruby
receiving file list ... rsync: link_stat "/setup/sunos-intel/bin" (in minimals) failed: No such file or directory (2)
done

sent 4 bytes  received 9 bytes  26.00 bytes/sec
total size is 0  speedup is 0.00
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(1385) [receiver=2.6.9]
./first-setup.sh: line 68: mtxrun: not found

Next I tried to build the binaries myself by checking out the sources from Subversion:

svn co http://svn.contextgarden.net/minimals-src/build-binaries

And running ./build-binaries.sh afterwards. But this doesn't work either:

mickraus at gandalf:~/context/build-binaries$ ./build-binaries.sh
[ ... tons of make output removed ... ]
ar cru ../kpathsea/.libs/libkpathsea.a  tex-file.o absolute.o atou.o cnf.o concat.o concat3.o concatn.o db.o debug.o dir.o elt-dirs.o expand.o extend-fname.o file-p.o find-suffix.o fn.o fontmap.o getopt.o getopt1.o hash.o kdefault.o line.o magstep.o make-suffix.o path-elt.o pathsearch.o proginit.o progname.o readable.o rm-suffix.o str-list.o str-llist.o tex-glyph.o tex-hush.o tex-make.o tilde.o truncate.o uppercasify.o variable.o version.o xbasename.o xcalloc.o xdirname.o xfopen.o xfseek.o xfseeko.o xftell.o xftello.o xgetcwd.o xmalloc.o xopendir.o xputenv.o xrealloc.o xstat.o xstrdup.o error.o filename.o home.o lookcmd.o string.o system.o time.o user.o volume.o
ranlib ../kpathsea/.libs/libkpathsea.a
creating ../kpathsea/libkpathsea.la
(cd ../kpathsea/.libs && rm -f libkpathsea.la && ln -s ../libkpathsea.la libkpathsea.la)
./ctangle ctangle
make: ./ctangle: Command not found
make: *** [ctangle.c] Error 127
cp: cannot stat `build/texk/web2c/mpdir/mpost': No such file or directory
Reverted 'VERSIONS'
-e Sorry, there have been some failures:
  - build of xetex on sunos-intel
  - build of luatex on sunos-intel
  - build of metapost on sunos-intel
-n No svn commit! Please press enter to continue!

There are three executables named ctangle in the minimals directory:
mickraus at gandalf:~/context/build-binaries$ find . -name ctangle
./src/current/pdftex/build/texk/web2c/ctangle
./src/current/luatex/build/texk/web2c/ctangle
./src/current/xetex/Work/texk/web2c/ctangle

How should I proceed from here? What is the status of Solaris support for context minimals?

Kind regards,
Michael Krauss