[NTG-context] can not include movie AKA embedding 3d pdf

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Nov 30 14:48:22 CET 2008

Michail Vidiassov wrote:
> Dear Hans and All,
>
> On Fri, 28 Nov 2008, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>>> But where to look for luatex-related code to use as an example and
>>> starting point for u3d handling?
>> not there; maybe next year
>
> And also concerning "mov" including he wrote
>
>> in luatex i simply didn't implement it yet (will do it soon)
>
> Is the function backends.pdf.insertmovie in core-inc.lua a part of
> unfinished effort or simply broken or dead-end?

just unfinished (inclusion of movies etc is somewhat abnormal so i'll
make the code nicer when i redo the backend)

i uploaded an alpha zip which has mov inclusion working

(when no problems are reported we can make a beta sometime next week)

> Is there any way in luatex/context to include a pdf file with annotations
> (without losing them). Not necessary embedding it into a page, but also as

currently not, at some point the img code will give access to the pdf to
be included and then i can write an annotation merge routine (slightly
tricky since we don't want clashes)