[NTG-context] Times New Roman

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 15:04:49 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
> I am running the ConTeXt Minimals of 11/10 and am trying to access
> Times New Roman using the script
>
> \usetypescript [timesnewroman][ec]
> \definetypeface[timesnewroman][rm][serif][timesnewroman][default]
> [encoding=ec]
> \definebodyfont[9pt,11pt][rm][default]
> \setupbodyfont[timesnewroman,rm,11pt]
>
> I am not sure what I getting and I am puzzled by the log file , hence,
> my question: Is  Times New Roman distributed with the minimals and is
> this the way to access it?

Hello Alan,

Do you need "something-like-times" or Times New Roman?

This works:
% possibly \usetypescriptfile[type-gyr]
\usetypescript[times][ec]
\setupbodyfont[times,12pt]

It will give you times-like typeface (TeX Gyre Termes), but not Times
New Roman. Times New Roman is not distributied (and possibly
copyrighted).

Mojca