[NTG-context] chapter-like headings with separate numbering

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Fri Dec 5 23:48:01 CET 2008

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:

> I'm experimenting with making a heading that is like a chapter in format
> but has its own numbering (or lettering).  The purpose to have an
> interlude, or extended example, every few chapters.  The following
> almost-minimal example almost does so.  However, the second interlude is
> numbered with 'A' instead of 'B'.  Is there a missing key=value pair, or
> is the approach completely wrong?

An enumeration passes the duck test [1] for headings, so ...

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_test

\defineenumeration
 	[interlude]
         [before=\page,conversion=Characters,way=bytext,list=interlude,
          text={Interlude }]

\defineenumeration
 	[interludeA]
         [before=\page,conversion=Characters,way=bytext,list=interludeA,
          text=, listtext=,
          title=yes, titleleft=, titleright=]

\starttext

\title{Contents}
\placelist[chapter,enumeration:interlude,enumeration:interludeA]

\chapter{Chap 1}

\interlude{Interlude 1}

\interludeA{{Interlude 1}}

\chapter{Chap 2}