[NTG-context] Copy & Paste chinese in PDF files

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Thu Dec 11 14:27:19 CET 2008

Am Wed, 10 Dec 2008 13:28:51 +0100 schrieb Yu Yi:

> hi, I'm thinking now whether change from latex to context. As I know,
> both latex and context support the chinese language, but like in Latex,
> there is a problem with generated PDF, that is, the chinese words can
> not be copied and pasted correctly as the english words, how about this
> function in context?

This is not so much a question of the format (LaTeX or context) but of
the underlying engines and the fonts. E.g. dvidpfmx seems to do it fine,
but pdftex needs special map files:

The unicode orientated engines xetex (with latex or context) or luatex
(for which adequate support exists currently only in context) will
probably work out of the box.

Ulrike Fischer