[NTG-context] Serious bug?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 00:05:10 CET 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 8:19 AM, Fengnan Gao wrote:
> I just installed ConTeXtMinimal using first-setup.bat. But it seems it has
> some serious bug that context even couldn't deal with such a easy document:
>
> \starttext
> Hello world!
> \stoptext
>
> What's the problem? Anybody can help me?

Hmmm ... I just figured out that the problem is easily reproducible on
my platform if I create a fresh install. But in my case luatex
crashes.  With the old installation (same version of luatex, same
version of ConTeXt) the old files from cache are being used, so
everything works OK.

(/tmp/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-err.tex
systems        : no file 'cont-sys.tex', using 'cont-sys.rme' instead
) )</tmp/context/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm/lmroman12-regular.otf
!luaTeX error (file
/tmp/context/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm/lmroman12-regular.otf):
Parsing CFF DICT failed. (error=-1)
 ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

So at least there's something to start with ...

Mojca