[NTG-context] Does ConTeXt really support russian language?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 13:47:35 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 10:01 AM, Andrey Riabushenko wrote:
>>
>> Sample 3:
>> \enableregime[utf]
>> \mainlanguage[ru]
>> \definetypeface [russian] [rm] [serif] [computer-modern] [default]
>> [encoding=t2a]
>> \setupbodyfont [russian]
>>
>> This one doesn't work on any of three systems described earlier. Latin
>> transliteration instead of Cyrillic letters.
>
> This needs to be fixed in ConTeXt core.

I'm sorry. Misinformation. You either need to add the fonts to
minimals or update ConTeXt in TeX Live and then it will work.

You can run this command for example (single line, you might need to
be root to be able to do it):
   rsync -av rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/context/beta/
/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/

Mojca