[NTG-context] Newcomer bibliography question

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Dec 31 13:06:58 CET 2008

Andrey Riabushenko wrote:
> Happy New Year,
>
> I am trying to create style skeleton for my reports in ConTeXt. Aw test case I
> decided to add my bibliography from previous articles written in LaTeX. I
> have tried this bibliography with plain bibtex, natbib, biblatex with no
> problems. With ConTeXt bib module I get bunch of  errors.
> I am using latest ConTeXt minimals on FreeBSD.
> I am adding the bibliography like this:
> \usemodule[bib]
>
> \setuppublications[alternative=apa, refcommand=authoryears, numbering=yes,
> criterium=all]
>
> \setupbibtex[database=report, sort=author]
>
> \completepublications[criterium=all]
>
> I can't figure out on my own what is wrong with my bibliography (attached).

It is bug in the module triggered by the lack of issue information
in some of the article entries. To fix it, best put this in your
preamble for now:

\setuppublicationlayout[article]{%
    \insertartauthors{}{ }{\insertthekey{}{ }{}}%
    \insertpubyear{(}{). }{\unskip.}%
    \insertarttitle{\bgroup }{\egroup. }{}%
    \insertjournal{\bgroup \it}{\egroup}
     {\insertcrossref{In }{}{}}%
    \insertvolume
     {\bgroup \it, }
     {\egroup\insertissue{\/(}{)}{}\insertpages{, }{.}{.}}
     {\insertpages{, pp. }{.}{.}}%
    \insertnote{ }{.}{}%
    \insertcomment{}{.}{}%
}

I will fix this in the next release.

> P.S. By the way. Is it possible to supply multiple sorting criteria? Possible
> like this,
> \setupbibtex[database=report, sort={author,year,title}]

No, that is not possible. I have a lua-based bibliography converter
planned and once that is in place, this will be possible.

Best wishes,
Taco