[NTG-context] Metapost Font Question

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Jan 1 09:26:09 CET 2010

David Arnold wrote:
> All,
>
> The attached Metapost file uses the statsmac package by Anthony Phan.
>
> http://www-math.univ-poitiers.fr/~phan/statsmac.html
>
> And the package:
>
> mps.tar.gz <http://www-math.univ-poitiers.fr/~phan/downloads/metapost/mps.tar.gz>
>
> To compile the attached file I use:
>
> mpost Untitled.mp
> mptopdf Untitled.1
>
> I've attached the resulting file. I am wondering why the "cm" label is set in a
> larger font than the ticklabels. Can anyone help?

The tick labels are typeset by metapost itself, but the "cm" is
typeset externally (by ConTeXt, if you run the garden distribution).
Metapost is probably using 10pt while ConTeXt uses its default 12pt.

   verbatimtex
   \setupbodyfont[10pt]
   etex

or something similar is needed at the top of the file.

Best wishes,
Taco