[NTG-context] xml file inclusion

Hans van der Meer havdmeer at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 4 20:32:17 CET 2012

After a lot of experimenting I finally succeeded including a file with thw \xmlinclude macro. The next hurdle is how to extend the xml tree with its xml contents (if that is possibl, of course).

Thus the main file being:
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <main> .. </main>
I would like to extend the tree starting with node <main> with subnodes coming from included xml-files:
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <subtree>..</subtree>
Then execute \xmlall on the subtree's.

Of course another route (I have already explored) is to call \xmlprocessfile for the subtree's. But then I found I cannot retrieve other elements from <main> while processing the independent subtree. And that is just what I aimed for.

I would appreciate your help.
Hans van der Meer