[NTG-context] Problem with letter module

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 21 10:12:11 CET 2012

Am 20.01.2012 um 22:44 schrieb Romain Diss:

> Just by curiosity, if none of the t-letter.* files are loaded, how does context
> know that it have to load the s-cor-* files when I type \usemodule[letter]?

When you load a module with \usemodule[<name>] context looks first
if it can find a file with the name t-<name>, s-<name> etc. and it does
also check for any file which this naming system with different extensions
(e.g. *.mkiv and *.tex for MkIV) but there is another search method.

When you take a look into the base folder you can see that Hans
presentation styles have names in the form s-pre-xx.tex where xx
is a number but the wiki says you load them with \usemodule[pre-<name>]
where <name> can be “fuzzy” or “shade”. The mapping from s-pre-fuzzy.tex
(the synonym) to s-pre-05.tex (the file name) is done with the
\definefilesynonym command where you can give files a symbolic name.

There is no a additional step when you load a module, \usemodule
looks first if the name of the module you requested is a synonym and
when this is the case it looks for the real file again with the lookup method
given in the first paragraph. When take a look into cont-fil.mkiv you can
see that there is also a synonym for the letter module

   \definefilesynonym [letter]          [cor-01]

which loads the file s-cor-01.mkvi when you write \usemodule[letter].

Wolfgang