[NTG-context] Scaling of math glyphs

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sat Jan 28 19:16:18 CET 2012

Hi,

In my opinion, the size of the \sum in Cambria in display style is too
large. I know that this is a design decision on part of Cambria designers,
but I am wondering if I can scale the glyph down.

I made a local copy of cambria-math.lfg and changed
FixDisplayOperatorMinHeight to

local function FixDisplayOperatorMinHeight(value,target,original)
     table.print(target)
     local o = original.mathparameters.DisplayOperatorMinHeight
     if o < 2240 then
         return 2240.0 * target.parameters.factor
     else
         return 0.8 * value -- already scaled
     end
end

This works, but as expected, it scales down both \sum and \int. Is it
possible to just change the height of \sum?

Thanks,
Aditya