[NTG-context] What’s your favorite command?

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Mon Jan 30 20:12:29 CET 2012

> Hi all,
>
> to bring some traffic to the list I have a question where I hope even non regulars send a answer. The ConTeXt package is huge and provides dozen of commands but I guess many have*one*  favorite command (maybe also functionality).
>
> As I started this thread I’ll present my favorite command which is \donothing, it is a internal command and only a synonym for \empty but it’s one reason why I prefer ConTeXt’s coding style (especially with the recent changes in MkIV) over the unreadable LaTeX code.
>
> Wolfgang

Without a doubt, for me it's \dontcomplain - get rid of overfull
messages. The name is just brilliant; it would be wonderful to have it
available in real life! But if we want to be more serious: of course all
the xml processing commands, and then the multiple \doif... tests which
make programming in ConTeXt accessible even to people with no
programming or math background.

Thomas