[NTG-context] What’s your favorite command?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Jan 31 10:42:41 CET 2012

On 31-1-2012 00:23, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 19:55, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>
>> I guess many have *one* favorite command (maybe also functionality).
>
> \simplethesis
>
> (Sadly it is a bit buggy, else I would be finished already ;)

As I don't want to bre responsiible for you not passing an examn ...
here's a fix (actually the random args were always swapped but the mkii
code is not sensitive for wrong random ranges)

\unexpanded\def\fakefigure
   {\dodoubleempty\dofakefigure}

\def\dofakefigure[#1][#2]#3#4#5#6%
   {\getvalue{\e!place\v!figure}
      [#1][#2]%
      {\freezerandomseed
       \let\endstrut\relax
       \let\begstrut\relax
       \doifinsetelse{#1}{\v!left,\v!right}
         {\fakewords{2}{4}}
         {\fakewords{4}{10}}}%
      {\doifinset{#1}{\v!left,\v!right}
         {\dimen0=.75\dimen0
          \ifdim\dimen0>.6\hsize \dimen0=.5\hsize\fi
          \ifdim\dimen0<.3\hsize \dimen0=.3\hsize\fi}%
       \framed
         [\c!width=\dimen0,
          \c!height=\dimen2,
          \c!frame=\v!off,
          \c!background=\v!color,
          \c!backgroundcolor=fakeparindentcolor]
         {\bf\white#1}}%
    \defrostrandomseed}

I'll upgrade that module anyhow (e.g we need random footnotes for thomas
and random font features for idris) ... then we can have a competition
for the smallest set of commands that generates the nicest thesis.