[NTG-context] setupheads[sectionnumber=no] (and retrocompatibility issue)

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 1 18:03:22 CET 2012

Am 01.02.2012 um 12:36 schrieb Marco Pessotto:

> Hello there.
>
> See this minimal example.
>
> %% cut here
> \setupheads[sectionnumber=no]
>
> \starttext
>
> \placecontent
>
> \chapter{Chapter}
>
> \section{Section}
>
> \subsection{Subsection}
>
> \stoptext
> %% end
>
> With version: 2012.01.25 14:16 the numbers are there (and if I tweak the
> ToC listing I get a mess). With the current (2011.05.18 22:26)
> everything is fine.
>
> Using [number=no] with the beta the numbers disapper, while the current
> prints out the numer (and again a mess in the ToC).
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/setupheads says that the
> right command is sectionnumber, but it's obviously outdated.

The reference pages (and also the other wiki pages) explain often the behaviors
of MkII but for MkIV the numbering mechanism has slightly changed.

There are different ways to disable numbering for the heading, for a whole
sectionblock you can disable them with \setupsectionblock[…][number=no]
and for individual heading you can use \setuphead[…][number=no] or
\setuphead[…][incrementnumber=no].

Wolfgang