[NTG-context] Problem with Lua processing UTF8 substrings

Philipp Gesang gesang at stud.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Feb 1 21:35:38 CET 2012

On 2012-02-01 21:17, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:
> Hello Philipp.
> Thanx very much for very quick and perfect help.
> Is there any manual or source, where I can read these (and next and
> similar) information?

I’m sorry I have to disappoint you but the utf library is
documented only in the source.[1] Luckily it covers all the
functionality of the native string library, thus its usage should
be equivalent except that it works for utf sequences as well. If
you know some German there’s also a blog post by Patrick.[2]

The string.utfcharacters iterator is covered in luatexref-t.pdf.

Hope this helps
Philipp

[1] http://files.luaforge.net/releases/sln/slnunicode/1.1a
[2] http://www.luatex.de/2010/02/selene-unicode-bibliothek/?iframe=true