[NTG-context] no liga with Brill font

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Tue Feb 7 22:20:55 CET 2012

Hi there,

there is a zero-cost font (not available for commercial works without
previous permission) from Brill (http://www.brill.nl/news/brill-typeface).

Standard ligatures such as fi and fl don't work:

	\usemodule[simplefonts]
	\definefontfeature[default][default][script=latn]
	\setmainfont[Brill]
	\starttext
	fi fl ff ffi ffl
	\stoptext

The glyphs are defined (ff, fi, fl, ffi, ffl), but when I test ligatures with
FontForge (Ctrl+K) these glyphs aren't used and single substitution
lookups in different subtables are performed for the different ligatures
(actually no ligatures are used).

Sorry, my explanation isn't as accurate as it should. I'm not a font
expert, but Substitutions can be browsed in FontForge selecting the
glyph info (Ctrl+I).

Is there something to report to the font designer or is there something
not yet implemented in ConTeXt?

Thanks for your help,

Pablo
--