[NTG-context] Titles break TikZ

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Feb 8 14:50:35 CET 2012

On 8-2-2012 12:16, Felix Ingram wrote:
> On 8 February 2012 10:24, Hans Hagen<pragma at wxs.nl>  wrote:

>> what does 'stop working' mean? some message?
>
> "Stop Working" means "no longer get positioned where they should be
> but still get drawn".
>
> In my case all graphics are shifted to the right by
> Some-Unknown-Distance. In Philipp's case the various graphics parts
> jump about. (I've seen something similar when drawing multiple nodes).
>
> I've included my minimal example below again. I wouldn't say that
> titles are causing the issue, it just seems to be that the first
> picture will render okay and then all others from then on will be
> misplaced. In the example that Philipp gave removing the \section line
> will still demonstrate the issue.
>
> Please let me know if there's any more information that I can provide.

Interesting is that it matters if one puts colons after words:

one % :

\pic

two:

\pic

Anyhow, the problem is that tikz messes around with cq. assumes nullfont
to be in a certain state which is asking for troubles.

In font-set.mkvi there is some provision for this (which I don't like),
but anyhow, one can uncomment the \dorecurse line

\def\font_preloads_reset_nullfont
   {\dorecurse\plusseven{\fontdimen\recurselevel\nullfont\zeropoint}%
keep en eye on this as:
    \ctxcommand{resetnullfont()}% in luatex 0.70 this will also do the
previous
    \globallet\font_preloads_reset_nullfont\relax}

maybe tikz should push/pop nullfont dimens to be on the safe side as
there is no rule against setting nullfont

(btw, this problem has shown up before)