[NTG-context] columnsets error in 2.08 beta

Philipp Gesang gesang at stud.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Feb 17 16:07:03 CET 2012

On 2012-02-15 09:52, Peter Park Nelson wrote:
> BTW, is it possible to revert the Context standalone installation to
> an earlier beta (without going all the way back to the last stable)?

Hi Peter,

there is a git mirror at

    http://repo.or.cz/w/context.git/shortlog/refs/heads/origin

If you don’t want to clone the whole thing, just pick one
snapshot of your liking from the web interface and download it.
Then, untar it and replace the contents of the directory
tex/texmf-context/ of your minimals/standalone installation with
the files from the snapshot. (Just to be safe you should not
merely copy everything but delete the old files first.)
Finally, rebuild the format and file database:

    context --generate
    context --make

and check if it worked:

    context --version

If the string “current version: yyyy.mm.dd HH:MM” shows the date
of the snapshot you chose, you have successfully reverted to an
earlier beta.

Hth,
Philipp