[NTG-context] marking?

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 24 17:09:35 CET 2012

Am 24.02.2012 um 10:06 schrieb Thomas A. Schmitz:

> Hi all,
>
> shouldn't this work? I get no content for the marking:
>
> \starttext
>
> \startchapter[title={Hello World},marking={A}]
>
> Test
>
> \getmarking[chapter]
>
> \stopchapter
>
> \stoptext

Marks aren’t the right tool for this because they are meant for text which
goes into the header and footer after the page is finished. There is another
mechanism which does what you want.

\setupheadertexts[chapter]

\define[2]\ChapterCommand
  {\vbox\bgroup\starttabulate
   \NC Title   \EQ \structurevariable{title}   \NC\NR
   \NC Marking \EQ \structurevariable{marking} \NC\NR
   \stoptabulate\egroup}

\setuphead[chapter][command=\ChapterCommand]

\starttext

\startchapter[title={Hello World},marking={A}]

\starttabulate
\NC Title   \EQ \namedstructurevariable{chapter}{title}   \NC\NR
\NC Marking \EQ \namedstructurevariable{chapter}{marking} \NC\NR
\stoptabulate

\stopchapter

\stoptext

Wolfgang