[NTG-context] Project, product, component...

Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. LPr at pontex.cz
Thu Mar 1 09:30:08 CET 2012

Hello,

as no new answer so far, I started to experiment.

It seems that [at least] component id(s) cannot be omitted:

---- Prod.mkiv
\startproduct % PPP
   \component Comp.mkiv

   Product
\stopproduct
----

And:

---- Comp.mkiv
\startcomponent % CCC
   %\product Prod
   %\project Proj

   Component
\stopcomponent
----

- Gives a wrong product, as Prod.pdf doesn't include the component.

Another test:

---- Prod.mkiv
\startproduct _ % PPP
   \component Comp.mkiv
   \component Comp2.mkiv

   Product
\stopproduct
----

And:

---- Comp.mkiv
\startcomponent _ % CCC
   Component
\stopcomponent
----

---- Comp2.mkiv
\startcomponent _ % CCC
   Component2
\stopcomponent
----

Gives a good result.

So it seems that [at least some] ids are required, and just not-to-be-empty.

I tested the case when all product/component ids were the same, i.e. "_", as a dummy value.

As later the ids are referred nowhere, it seems that they are necessary just due to syntactical rules.

Or - ?

Lukas