[NTG-context] Broken Nightly 2012.02.29

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Mar 2 10:34:39 CET 2012

On 2-3-2012 05:23, Kip Warner wrote:
> Hey list,
>
> Another broken nightly to report. I got this error while compiling my
> book:

> structure>  sectioning>  subsubsubject @ level 5 : 0.7.1.0.0 ->
> \bf 44 Aquarius, 48 B.R.
> structure>  sectioning>  subsubsubject @ level 5 : 0.7.1.0.0 ->
> \bf 48 Aries, 15 B.R.
> structure>  sectioning>  subsubsubject @ level 5 : 0.7.1.0.0 ->
> \bf 12 Cancer, 14 B.R.
> structure>  sectioning>  subsubsubject @ level 5 : 0.7.1.0.0 ->
> \bf 2 Libra, 14 B.R.
> structure>  sectioning>  subsubsubject @ level 5 : 0.7.1.0.0 ->
> \bf 3 Libra, 14 B.R.
> graphics>  invalid region for 'tbg:1'
> ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=10000].
> <argument>  \next
>
> \doifmeaningelse ...>\edef \!!stringa {\meaning #1
>                                                    }\def \!!stringb
> {#2}\edef...
> \spac_lines_between ...ningelse \next \obeyedline
>                                                    {\linesparameter \c!
> inbetw...
> \doifmeaningelse ...meaning #1}\def \!!stringb {#2
>                                                    }\edef \!!stringb
> {\meanin...
> \spac_lines_between ...ningelse \next \obeyedline
>                                                    {\linesparameter \c!
> inbetw...
> \doifmeaningelse ...meaning #1}\def \!!stringb {#2
>                                                    }\edef \!!stringb
> {\meanin...
> l.34 ... and the methane/oxygen return propellant.
>
> !  ==>  Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
> mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 1

hm, weird bug, maybe some argument pickup issue ... text backgrounds are
completely redone so maybe some interference

(no example so hard to check)

> Unfortunately my luck with ConTeXt hasn't been so good lately. Every
> single nightly has been broken since late last January (2012.01.27).
> Fortunately I still have debs I can revert to.

This is to be expected the next few betas (after all they're betas) as
some rather core components are being redone (positioning, descriptions,
enumerations and notes, page building). No real functional changes but
some are tricky. And it does not help that the flu kicked in.