[NTG-context] Itemize Prefixes

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Tue Mar 6 04:44:40 CET 2012

On Mon, 5 Mar 2012, Kip Warner wrote:

> On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 22:10 -0500, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
> Thanks Aditya. A couple questions for you.
>
>> \defineitemgroup[article]
>>
>> \setupitemgroup
>>    [article]
>>    [
>>      left={Article },
>>      stopper=,
>>      symbol=R,
>>      before=\blank,
>>      after=\blank,
>>      distance=0.5em,
>>    ]
>>
>> \setupitemgroup
>>    [article]
>>    [broad,fit]
>
> Why is another \setupitemgroup being used here when broad,fit could have
> been merged with its previous one that both affected the article
> itemgroup?

Thats how itemgroup are configured. You cannot mix assignments (key=value)
with options.

>> \starttext
>>
>> \startarticle
>>    \item First article
>>    \item Second article
>> \stoparticle
>>
>> Again
>
> How do I add an extra line after the header?

You can use

\setupitemgroup
     [article]
     [command=\blank]

(in this case you can remove the second configuration (the one with broad,
fit) or explicitly set width=0).

> I tried adding another
> \blank to the after parameter of \setupitemgroup, but it didn't seem to
> use it.
>
>> \startarticle
>>    \item First article
>>    \item Second article
>> \stoparticle
>> \stoptext
>>
>> Aditya
>
> Lastly, how do I change the text colour of the item header? I tried the
> following to no avail,
>
> \setuphead
>  [article]
>  [color=colour_head]

Why do you expect \setuphead to change the way itemgroups behave? Use

\setupitemgroup
    [article]
    [color=...]

Aditya