[NTG-context] Getting a Header Line to Start from Left Margin

Marco netuse at lavabit.com
Fri Mar 9 18:32:48 CET 2012

On 2012-03-09 Emmanuel Asante <emmanuela.asante at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have  a chapter heading text  starting in the left  margin and a
> hairline  below my  header texts  spanning the  full width  of the
> header. Since the  chapter begins in the left margin,  there is no
> line on top of  the chapter heading text in the  margin. How can I
> get the line to also start in the margin where the chapter heading
> text begins?

Honestly, I had to read your post three times to understand what you
want to achieve.

\setuplayout [leftmargindistance=0pt]
\setupbackgrounds [header] [leftmargin,text] [bottomframe=on]

I'd like  to know,  if there's  a simple solution  (I would  write a
MetaPost three-liner  for this) without touching  the leftmargindis-
tance.

Regards

Marco